Sunday, November 18, 2007

Gobble Gobble – It’s time for Turkey!



November 17, 2007

Turkey is definitely on my top five favorite countries list. I loved it the first time and even more so the second time I visited. We stayed in Istanbul for the 5 days we were there and found that we could have stayed in that city for a month and not seen enough. Here are my thoughts about our magical stay at Istanbul. We had such a great time with friends, colleagues, and students. Our student life dinner occurred then as well and that was a blast. Beyond the things below, what I most treasure about my time in Turkey is feeling of wonder at everything I saw and the good times I had with friends. It was also so neat to see the students being fairly independent as they took charge of their days and evenings and explored the sites on their own. We spent mornings having coffee or hot cocoa, bread, and contemplating life while we looking at the beautiful views of the Bosphorous and the Golata Bridge. This picture is taken from the Topkaki Palace.

No comments: